Welcome to the Dark Side…
I’ve dealt elsewhere with the subject of how to play against long pimples in some depth, and now it’s time to take the other side and discuss how to play with long pimples instead. In this Guide to Playing With Long Pimples, I’ll be discussing the following topics in some depth:
- Who should use long pimples, who shouldn’t, and why.
- What styles of players use long pimples.
- What types of long pimples exist, and which should you use for the style you have chosen.
- Basic Long Pip Techniques You Need to Master
- The art of twiddling (to twiddle or not to twiddle, that is the question).
- Learn how to twiddle
- Tactics to use with long pimples
- How to ‘wobble’ the ball with long pimples.
- How to use the frictionless type of long pimples (such as Dr Neubauer etc)
- The Effects of Sponge Thickness on Long Pimples
When you walk the road towards table tennis stardom, ignore the mutterings of the speed gluers and boosters and stride past with your head high, for sooner or later they’ll take one sniff too many of their equipment and pass out in the gutter.
And when you encounter that rarest of all men, a hardbatter, buy them a strong drink, for they are made of stern stuff indeed and keep the traditions of our table tennis ancestors alive.